Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Slim Pickin's

Well, I finally got my bracket done, but I don't feel very good about it. I didn't pick enough upsets and I have Duke, UCLA, UConn, and Villanova in the Final Four, with UConn winning it all over Duke. I would've liked to have Carolina going further, but I don't think they can get past UConn. I also think that Syracuse shot their wad last week and I have A&M knocking them out in the first round. Besides, I needed a 12-seed upset, and that one seemed perfect.

My first-round upset special, however, is #15 Winthrop knocking #2 Tennessee out. It could happen, and I'm certainly gonna take the points.

But that bracket was for my brother-in-law's pool, and like I said, I'm not too happy with my final picks. I may pick up another bracket at the sports book today and do another one, just to carry around with me so I have something to add when my buddies start talking about the games this week.

Angy's flight arrives in just over an hour, so I've got to go ahead and put some pants on and head for the door. I have to wash the bird shiat off the ghetto sled again and gas the ol' girl up. I was going to rent a Chrysler 300 for the week, but Thrifty jacked up their rates fairly significantly this week, and couldn't guarantee me a 300, but told me I was likely to get one of those Pacifica Minivan/SUV's instead. So I cancelled the rez. I know, I know, the Pacifica is the Cadillac of undersized SUV's, but I didn't think it was worth the money. Besides, the Sled is luxurious enough for the crowd that's hitting town this week...

Mikey

No comments: