Monday, March 13, 2006

Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics

I thought I'd make another quick post before I head out for a couple of hours. It's finally my 'Friday' night, and since it's the beginning of a new pay period, I may just find myself skating out of work an hour or two early, especially if it's slow. Tomorrow, I'll get all of my errands done, and then the buffoons start to arrive. The first is Steve B from DC, arriving late tomorrow night. Once he gets settled, we're gonna go out and grab a bite and have a drink or two.

Then I've got to crawl out of bed and get down to the airport by 10:30 on Wednesday morning, because that's when my favorite Drunk & Disorderly, Angy, flies in from E. Bumfux, Illinois. We're gonna do a little bit of shopping and grab some lunch, then it's back to the airport to pick up my sister Cyndi. At some point I've got to get the ladies settled into their hotel rooms, then we're all having dinner together at one of my new favorites, Mon Ami Gabi.

I guess that means that after tomorrow, blogging will be fairly light for the rest of the week. Oh, Friday morning I may pop in and upload some pictures if I have time, but there are no guarantees. Everyone leaves by next Monday afternoon, so after some well-earned rest, I'll be back to my normal schedule. But my buddies from Phoenix will be here this weekend, too, so including them, I'll have about 20 friends lurking around all week. Should be a good time.

Anyhow... Up until now, I never really thought about how many people are visiting this site on a daily basis and reading the stuff I post. But lately I've been checking the site meter (I knew something was up once I got my latest nasty-gram from Photobucket, telling me I'm exceeding my bandwidth again...) and it turns out that I have more readers than I thought. So far today, I've already gotten over 250 hits, and almost a thousand over the weekend--and I thought nobody came here on the weekends. If this trend continues, and improves, I may utilize blogads to make a few bucks here and there with all the traffic I'm getting. But no worries--everything will always be free. I won't shut out anyone like those dickheads at lowbrow.com did.

Of course, when I saw how many visitors I was getting, I figured it was the same 30 hard-core readers and family members refreshing their screens, but looking deeper into the stats showed me that I've got readers all over the world, including quite a few Canadians. Nice!

What I need to do is find me a computer-nerd girlfriend who can help me get this site set up exactly the way I want it. It's close, but there are a few changes I'd like to make--nothing major. But I'm not the most tech-savvy person in the world, as the trial-and-error method is generally the way I've done my websites.

Anyhow, I've got some stuff to take care of, so I've got to get out of this place, if it's the last thing I ever do...

Check ya later!

Mikey

No comments: