Thursday, March 23, 2006

Green Stuff & Empty Pockets

I think I've finally fully recovered from my 'Vegas trip' this past week. I'm working tonight--the start of a full week, so I had to make sure I caught up on all my rest. So today I'm doing all of the housecleaning and laundry and such.

Laundry was the first priority, as I had a pile of dirty clothes climbing about four feet up the wall in my room. So I sorted it all out and started washing it, and I had a mini memory blast while doing so. First of all, just checking the pockets (wait--where's my wallet???), I found several crumpled up singles, folded up cigar bands, and various poker chips from places we visited--each one has a story, unfortunately, most of them being the sole-survivor type of tale.

And while sorting dirty laundry is usually a hold-your-nose affair, a whiff of some of the shirts I was wearing still carry the combination of smoke and the various perfumes from the women in our group, so I know it must've been a good time. Even the front of my grey sweater from last Wednesday night's visit to Mon Ami Gabi still smelled like French onion soup (don't ask...).

But the thing that gave me the most pause was the white oxford shirt I was wearing over my green t-shirt during Angy's St. Paddy's party. Wearing the green feather boa around all night, the colors bled all over the shoulders and collar, so just sitting on the edge of my bed sorting laundry and seeing my green and white dress shirt immediately took me back to Angy's balcony, the Carnival Court, a middle-of-the-night breakfast downtown, and all of the laughter and good times that were involved.

It was a great week, and I'm sad that it's over, but today I got a little sensory reminder of just how much fun March Madness week in Vegas really is.

But it's back to the real world tonight, and I've got to build up the reserves, but now that I've had a bowl of Wheaties and three days worth of power naps, I'm ready to do it again!

Mikey

No comments: