Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Add Another One to the List

Browsing around tonight while munching on a hamburger and a Diet Coke, I stumbled across the website for Viaggio, a specialty Northern Italian restaurant that features a wine shop. (Caution, it's a flash site and plays music, so those at work be careful...) The menu sounds excellent, but what really intrigued me were the Wednesday night wine tastings for just $20. Four glasses of wine and some paired appetizers? I'd have to say that something like that really appeals to the cheap bastard/wannabe gourmet in me. Although, one couldn't actually accuse me of being a cheap bastard, lately it seems to be something I aspire to.

Fortunately, I have Wednesday nights off, so I'm fairly certain that there might be a wine tasting or two in my near future, but one night I'd like to go and give the regular dinner menu a try, also.

Before I do that, however, I should probably invest in a new dressy-casual shirt that is the same color as their red sauce. Because we all know there's a pretty good chance I'm gonna be wearing some before the night is over.

Mikey

No comments: