Thursday, March 02, 2006

The Countdown is On!

I've said it before, now that I live here in Vegas, sometimes it's hard for me to get excited about joining up with others when they hit the Strip and such for gambling and debauchery. Not that I have anything against gambling or debauchery--in fact, I'm one of their strongest supporters! But I still have to crank it down a notch nowadays so I don't go broke and end up living under a bridge somewhere. It's a thin line, and I prefer to stay on this side of it.

But... March Madness is upon us. It's my second-favorite holiday season. It means that dozens of my friends are going to descend upon Vegas all at the same time and I'll have to participate in the buffoonery. I can tell that everyone else is getting excited, too. In the past 24 hours I've talked to Doc Al, Dougie, Cyndi, Angy, Steve B., and Eddie B--all talking about plans for the Madness.

As a bonus, the good folks I work for were kind enough to give me most of the weekend off--paid--so that I can fully enjoy the festivities.

In less than two weeks I'm gonna be spending my day off shuttling people from the airport to their hotels, hitting the liquor stores to help stock up the party suites, and mentally preparing myself to cut loose for a few days.

And word around the campfire is that somebody is providing me with a green feather boa to wear on St Paddy's Day. This could get ugly.

Mikey

No comments: