Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Two Stacks of High Society


I'm having a wonderful day off today. First of all, I was getting plenty of sleep, but my phone made sure that I wouldn't get too much.

Once I dragged my ass out of bed and got dressed, I filled up the gas tank and noticed that my truck was about to celebrate a milestone. After almost three years, I finally hit the 20,000 mile mark. The photo however, was taken in the parking lot of Grimaldi's, where I met Lars for lunch today.

It was a beautiful day out, so I opted to sit on the outside side of the in-and-out bar, and kicked off my day with a Peroni draft while I waited for Lars to show up. I visited with the cutie bartender for a bit, thankful that the creepy guy isn't there anymore. The beer wasn't tasting as good as usual, so I followed it up with a Sapphire martini.

A few sips into it, Lars joined me, but since he's working today, he stuck with the diet Pepsi. We ordered a couple of large pies--a saugage and onion, and the usual pepperoni and mushroom. They were excellent of course, piping hot with bubbles of happiness baked into the crust. (Sorry, forgot to take any pics).

We had a great visit and an enjoyable lunch, and to make it even better, I got to use my 'free birthday pizza' coupon to cut the check down to a reasonable amount. I was gonna hang out and have another drink once Lars headed back to work, but I decided to skip it. Hell, I was even gonna try their blueberry cheesecake for dessert, but they had run out.

So I paid the tab and took off, heading over to my new pad, hoping to do a walk-through. The truck actually hit the 20K mark on the 215 on-ramp there at Eastern, but a few minutes later I was pulling into the apartment complex. I love love love the location of my new place--I'm literally one stoplight away from the freeway, but it's in a quiet area of Henderson.

Unfortunately, my apartment hasn't been steam cleaned and repainted yet, so they won't show it to me for another week and a half or so, but otherwise, I'm good to go. No other second-floor units have opened up, so I'm gonna stick with the one I've got now. Besides, I was over there early this afternoon, so once I left the office, I drove back to see how much direct sunlight it got in the afternoon sun, but it was completely shaded. Nice! I'm gonna love that. And, as much as I like this house I'm currently in, I *really* miss having a pool and jacuzzi--and the front door of my new apartment is about 15 feet from the pool gate. I may get some sun this summer, after all.

Anyhow, that's about the extent of my afternoon. I'm gonna kick it here at the house for a bit, then early this evening I'm gonna head on back down to the M and see if my run of bad cards is finally over.

Mikey

No comments: