Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Gettin' Sweaty on Hump Day

I don't know why I've been so low on energy lately--I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that I haven't had a real meal in a couple of days, and the fact that I've been working a lot and also expending a bunch of energy stressing over the move.

Stressing? Well, maybe not that, but just getting all of the 'little things' done is a pain in the ass. Anyhow, yesterday seemed to be catch-up day as far as sleep was concerned. I got a few chores done, but once I got back from the Linda's place and Walmart, I was just done. I turned on the computer to check email and such, and I couldn't keep my eyes open. So I just turned off the light and fell asleep, fully clothed, wearing my watch, not emptying my pockets or anything.

But I woke up around 3:30 this morning, feeling much better, and got another storage tote filled with books, my last two loads of laundry sorted, my desk kinda-sorta packed up, and both bookcases completely emptied. I also made the last pot of coffee here at this house. I didn't go all out because my roommate was asleep downstairs, but I got a lot done.

In just a bit, I'm going to load up the truck and haul another batch of junk over to the new apartment, and then go somewhere and get some real breakfast. Once I get back here, I'd like to do another load of small stuff, but by late this afternoon, I'd like to be about 90% done with the move, having nothing here but the bed, the desk, the bookshelves, and a dufflebag full of clothes. I doubt that'll happen, but hey, it's only Wednesday. I've got until Sunday. But the TV goes first thing tomorrow morning, and the internet gets hooked up on Thursday afternoon, so by that point, I'd like to be sleeping in the new place.

Right now, I'm just delaying the inevitable workout. It's gonna get hot soon, so I've got to get after it.

Mikey

No comments: