Saturday, November 04, 2006

The Return

Hey Everybody!

I'm back home again for two short hours before heading off to work. I see my comments section is awash with all sorts of speculation, but by now, with all the text messages and cam-phone photos that have been shared, most everyone knows that Sticky came back to visit me again!

There I was on Wednesday morning, sitting at my desk, looking at tons of unreplied-to emails, a pile of dirty laundry, and a to-do list a mile long. And I was still exhausted from the NSF activities, followed by a six-day work week with George and Marlisha's visit on top of it. All I wanted was to clean house, get some rest, and recharge the batteries.

But then Sticky popped up on my Yahoo messenger and said "Guess what--I'm on my way to VEGAS right now!!!! I sat there in utter disbelief for a few seconds, thinking she was just pulling my leg to be cruel, but she was dead serious--she got another free room offer from NYNY and found a last-minute airfare deal from O-Canada that was cheaper than the advance ticket she'd had for her visit ten days earlier.

So she was running around like a Canadian chicken with it's head cut off, trying to tie up loose ends with her business, getting packed, and getting to the airport. I wrote down her flight info, and suddenly found myself preparing for another weekend in Vegas playing tourist.

Sleep would have to wait.

So that's where I've been for the past four days. I'll get another report posted as soon as I get some rest and some free time. It might be a couple of days.

But I just got home from dropping her off at the airport--it was another sad goodbye, especially since we had soooo much fun and so many laughs this time around. I swear, last night, she had me in stitches for hours, because after about 10 Crown & Cokes, her silly button gets switched on and the buffoonery needle is pegged.

We got no sleep either, so we're gonna pay for it. But it was another great visit.

Stay tuned for more details as the fog lifts...

Mikey

No comments: