Friday, November 17, 2006

Not Much to Say

Sorry for the dearth of postings lately, but as unlikely as it may seem, I just don't have much to say. Well, let me correct that. I haven't had much that's inspired me to sit down at the keyboard for a lengthy session of pounding away like a thousand random monkeys trying to crank out the collected works of Shakespeare.

Oh, I've gotten some email suggestions on things to rail about, but I'm really not interested in perpetuating the chatter about OJ Simpson.

On the other hand, all of the hype surrounding the release of the Play Station 3 has been somewhat interesting, so I'm going to re-run a related post that I wrote sometime back, and it's what I consider some of the better writing I've ever churned out, so be on the lookout for that this weekend.

Overall, I've had a busy week. On Wednesday I met up for dinner with an old friend I hadn't heard from in over five years--she was out here on business and looked me up--and we had a great time catching up. I've also been compiling the information I need to search for a second job and organizing my hunt. I'm being pulled in three different directions at once--I spent good money on poker school, and would like to concentrate on getting some sort of poker job, or, since poker jobs are currently so scarce, I should probably just find another pit job to supplement my income, or, maybe our lower tokes is just a temporary situation and I should just ride it out and do nothing.

Since I've alway been a big fan of doing nothing, well, that's the direction I'm leaning right now, but financial realities are pulling me back to the center and some decisions will have to be made. Soon.

That's the update for now. I hope to write a bunch more this weekend.

Mikey

No comments: