Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone

The Holiday Season is officially underway, and I just wanted to say that I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving today. I've got a cup of hazelnut coffee in front of me and the digital cable is providing the background ambiance with the 'Sounds of the Seasons' channel.

Normally I'm not up this early in the morning, but I was awakened to the sound of messages being left on my cellphone--the family back in Tennessee was already up and about and getting their celebration going and wanted to wish me the best.

Even thought I can't be there, it won't be a bad one this year--we've got lots of people coming over, lots of food and fellowship to share, and lots of football to watch. In fact as soon as I hit the send button on this post, I'm off to the kitchen to make about three dozen deviled eggs, and later on I'm in charge of making candied carrots. Luckily the roommates are doing the heavy lifting with the turkey and other stuff.

As a bonus, I just found out that my sister Cyndi and her husband David will be here next week on business, but we'll have some free time to stir up some Vegas-style buffoonery for a couple of days. I can't wait to see them again, it's been too long.

Have a great day, everyone, and take Tampa Bay and the points!

Mikey

No comments: