Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Camera Phone Needed

Back when I bought my latest cell-phone, the clerk at the Cingular store was doing his level best to upgrade my purchase, but I insisted that I didn't need a camera phone--and I certainly didn't want to spend the extra money on one.

But I'm slowly coming around. I've discovered that there are actual uses for text messaging, especially when the recipient is out of the country, and having a camera phone can sometimes be helpful. Like today, for instance.

Had my cell phone been equipped with a camera, I could've captured a great picture to share with everyone. I just got back from what is hopefully my last trip to the grocery store before Thanksgiving is upon us, and as I was checking out, I saw a typical holiday-in-Vegas scene.

As I was pushing my cart away from the checkout line, I saw a guy dressed head-to-toe like a pilgrim, with a black hat and buckle, the whole bit. He was holding a dozen roses in one hand, smoking a cigarette, and sitting in front of a video poker machine, chasing a Royal.

Nothing says Thanksgiving quite like that.

Mikey

No comments: