Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The Late Show

Howdy everyone!

I guess I'll be doing my posting at odd hours now that I'm kinda stuck working those early morning shifts, but maybe after next week, things will improve a bit.

All my grandiose plans for the evening went totally out the window as I got home from work on Tuesday afternoon and caught up on all the sleep I'd missed since Saturday. Not only was I sleep-deprived, but my system was worn out from all of the lifting, carrying, and climbing up and down the stairs that comes with moving. And it ain't over yet...

Basically, I've been living on Aleve and Gatorade for the past two or three days, with one meal at work every morning. And today was no different. I was dragging ass when I came home from work, and it was hotter than hell outside, so I stopped on the way home and grabbed a few bottles of Gatorade. I downed one in the truck before I made it that last mile home, killed another one once I came upstairs and turned on the AC, and at that point I fell asleep for several hours.

I finally feel refreshed and like I have the energy to do stuff, but now it's 10 o'clock at night and I can't really make noise because my roommate is sleeping, and the master bedroom is directly below mine. Plus tramping up and down the stairs from the garage will send the dogs into a tizzy, anyways. So I'm gonna do a few mellow things here in my bedroom till around midnight--unpacking my clothes, putting stuff away in the closet, quiet activities like that, and then I'll go back to bed.

Luckily I'm only scheduled for four hours tomorrow--I don't have to be at work until 9:00 am, so I know I'll get at least two or three downs at the cash game and maybe a down or two dealing the 11 am tourney. But I'm out at 1 o'clock, and I plan on hustling my ass downtown to Binion's to get into that big poker tourney that starts at two. If all goes according to plan, I should be wrapping up the final table by 11:30 at night, collecting my winner's share of about six or seven grand, and then I'll make my way back home to fall asleep thinking of all ways to spend my winnings. (Kimmy, of course, will probably score a new Ed Hardy wifebeater and a night out on the town with her number one fan...)

Of course, that's the plan...

I just gotta make sure I don't get too cocky and donkey myself out of the tournament on the third hand though, which has been known to happen in the past. But I'm feeling confident--I won a tune-up tourney on PokerStars just about an hour ago, and I didn't have to rely on any monster suck-outs to do so, either. I actually legitimately won the thing with some well-placed bluffs and some well-played cards, so that bodes well for me. I just have to remember to bring a can of patience with me to the live tourney, and all will be well.

Unless I get stuck working late on Wednesday, or get knocked out of the tournament early, this will be my last post until sometime on Thursday.

Y'all have a good one.


Mikey

PS--I also wanna give a shout out to Darren and the other Kim for hitting the tip jar this week--Thanks guys!

No comments: