Monday, February 25, 2008

A Sad Day In Our Family

Hey gang.

I was all motivated to write a bunch of interesting stuff and detail the adventures from my weekend, but it's just not happening right now.

We got the bad news that we've sort of anticipated for a few months now--my brother in law David passed away yesterday after battling lung cancer/mesothelioma since late last summer. Even when you know it's coming, it's a shock to the system. Especially since he was probably the healthiest person in our (extended) family. Hell, he just ran a marathon last summer.

I had a chance to go home to be with my family this week, but I called work to find out the policy on bereavement pay, and they don't cover any "in-laws". So basically I'd be putting myself back into a hole that I've been working so diligently to dig myself out of these past several months. I just can't afford the time off to make the trip.

I will be staying in Vegas.

Services and such are on Tuesday in Franklin, Tennessee. Blogging and such will be light to non-existent for awhile.


Mikey

No comments: