Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Hump Day Blahs

Hey gang.

My regular, ongoing goal which I always seem to fall short of is to post updates early in the morning, because most of my readers seem to be east-coasters. If I post late in the day, nobody reads it until the next day. The problem is, today, I just don't have much to say. Well, that, and I slept in late.

Sadly, I don't have much going on in the way of Vegas-style adventures lately, but with the axe still falling at work, I don't feel much like being frivolous. Word around the campfire, however, is that one total asshat dealer on my shift got the boot this week, which is good news. All the other dealers hated the guy, and he cost us plenty of money over the past several months, so he won't be missed.

Oh, I've got chores to do, DVDs to watch, books to read, but right now I just don't feel like doing much. Hell, I'm not even up for kitchen buffoonery today. And I'm usually *always* up for a little time at the stove. The weather is finally nice again, I think winter is thankfully behind us once and for all, but it's windy as hell outside, as usual. I know that Chicago is supposed to be the Windy City, but Vegas could sure give it a run for it's money.

I'm supposed to meet up with the Hoyas tonight, but I haven't heard from them yet today. Of course, they're working their convention right now, so I guess I shouldn't expect a call until after five or so. But it'll be nice to get out of the house and be a tourist for a few hours tonight down on the Strip. I even made sure I have two crispy $1 bills in my wallet, just for the valet.

I guess I'll be spending the balance of my afternoon seeking inspiration for something to write about. Because right now, I got nuthin'.

Mikey

No comments: