Monday, February 04, 2008

Mailbox Triple Happiness

No, that's not the latest daily special at the neighborhood Chinese restaurant, but it's the pleasant surprise I got when I checked the mail the other day.

First of all, there were absolutely no bills to be found. Woot! Second of all, I had a few things addressed to me--

1) My L.A. Confidential DVD. I'm probably going to watch it tomorrow or Wednesday. If you haven't seen it, you're missing out--it's just a great movie all around.

2) A copy of the latest Christina Aguilera CD, courtesy of Eric in VA.

3) A check for SIX whole American dollars, my prize for coming in dead-last in the college bowl pick-em contest last month. Oh hell yeah. Mad prognosticating skillz--I has them! So I rounded up another three bucks and finally bought that elusive book of stamps I'd been hunting for.

Also on a positive note, I got a letter from the Department of Education saying that a good chunk of interest I paid last year is tax deductible. And speaking of the IRS, those rat bastards also sent me another bill friendly letter. I'm down to owing them just triple digits now, so I figure that my tax refund will cover a big slice of that and I'll be damn near out of their clutches once and for all very soon. Rounding out the field trip to the mailbox was a statement from my 401k administrator, showing that I'd lost a few hundy in market value last quarter. Doh! Oh well--it happens. I'm not too worried about that one at this point.

I still don't have my W-2 yet, although Rob got his a few days ago... I guess I'll put some shoes on and go check again this morning.

Mikey

No comments: