Thursday, May 31, 2007

Speaking of Appointment TV

Yep, I was a sucker for the original 'Survivor' shows--loved them. When I found an article about the show back in 1999 on Bloomberg, I forwarded it to all of my friends saying "Oh hell yeah, this is going to be a HIT!". Of course, about 7 or 8 months later, I was proven right, and hopelessly addicted, just like the rest of the country.

It started to lose it's appeal for me after about the fourth incarnation, and I don't think I saw a single episode since the "All Star" show where everyone got to vote for Rupert to win a million bucks. They embraced the Road Rules/Real World mantra of making sure there was at least one complete jerkoff in every cast, because apparently people want to watch controversy. Nah. (If I were stranded on a desert island for real, the complete asshole of the group might die in an 'accident'...) So I gave up on Survivor--too many people seeking their 15 minutes of fame, and it became unwatchable.

But now, I'm getting suckered back in. I've got the DVR set to record tonight's episode of Pirate Master on CBS. A cross between Survivor and Pirates of the Caribbean? Oh hell yeah!

I'll watch it after I get home in the morning, and hopefully post my thoughts.

Mikey

No comments: