Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Impulse Buy

I haven't treated myself to anything new, cool, or noteworthy in several months. Besides the buffoonery of March Madness and the twenty bucks for the wine tasting last week, the only entertainment dollars I've spent lately were the entry fees to the poker tournament at the Sahara a few weeks ago. True, times are tight and I have to pay a few bills and get the gubmint off my back, so the fun factor has been turned down a notch or two.

Since I've been living on the cheap lately, the highlight of my social life has been the regular grillfest/campfires with Eddie and Rob. And speaking of which, we're on for the same thing again tonight--the brats were so good last week that Rob and I decided to do it again this week. No steaks this time, and since Eddie B has returned home to Phoenix, Dave P is taking his place at the weekly sausagefest. (Hey, I had to say it before one of you jokers lit me up in my comments section). Even Travis the Stoner has returned from touring the Caribbean with a reggae band (Steel Pulse) and will be joining us. It should be a good time, and as soon as I'm done posting this update, I'm off to the grocery store.

Anyhow, while surfing the web today, I ran across a website that offered the latest 'must have' in the Mikey collection. Long-time readers know of my uncanny ability to run my wallet through the washing machine, and those that know me also know that I'm a fan of Pulp Fiction. Well, combine those two things, and what do you get?

This wallet:



For the bargain price of $24.99, I can be almost as cool as Jules Winfield, minus the Jeri-curl and the 9 mm. A real man carries a .45, anyways.

So it's on the way, and the worn out tri-fold that Angy sent me last year will soon be retired. I'm thinking that I may order another one before next March, and offer it up as part of the prize for the winner of the T2V poker tournament.

But then, what would I do with two of the exact same wallets? Heh.

I guess it'll be nice to have a spare once I run the first one through the washing machine.

Mikey


PS. Yes, I know I'm only 13 years late on catching this trend, but what can I say? I didn't start liking Pearl Jam until like 2002 or so.

No comments: