Monday, May 28, 2007

Life Sucks...

... when you have no peanut butter.

Seriously-- I had no idea how much I depended on it now that I've gone without for almost two weeks. Nothing to put on crackers, toast, English muffins, or graham crackers. And no PB&J sandies, either. Hell, I even put peanut butter on pancakes, waffles, and French toast.

I keep telling myself that I'll stop at the store on the way home from work, but I'm always too tired, and of course not in the mood for peanut butter at 4:00 am, so I've been skipping it and coming straight home. But when I wake up at noon and want something to munch on, the cabinet is bare, again. Well, bare as far as the tasty goodness of Peter Pan Creamy is concerned. And to make matters worse, they stopped keeping a basket of individual peanut butter packets available in the employee dining room at work, too. Sometimes late at night, if the dinner food wasn't worth eating, I'd make toast and have a bowl of cereal. But no peanut butter equals no toast.

When I did my major grocery shopping last week, I totally forgot about getting some, and I haven't needed to go to the store for anything else. But I'm getting to the point where I'm about to make a special trip just to pick up a jar of peanut butter. And maybe some milk. And strawberry preserves. Oh, and a fresh loaf of whole-wheat bread. And maybe some Lay's sour cream & onion chips to go with it. But that's all.

Except Wednesday is looming on the horizon, and I need to get stuff to make hamburgers for the weekly grillfest (I think we're about bratted out).

Perhaps another full-on shopping trip is on the agenda for tomorrow. I'll get a jar of peanut butter and life will be good once again.

Mikey

No comments: