Thursday, May 31, 2007

Hopefully Not Too Late

Guys, I got the following email from a friend of mine last week, and told her that I'd post it up on my site "tomorrow", and maybe it would do some good. And then I promptly forgot about it. Until this morning. I offer my deepest apologies for the lapse.

But here is the email and appropriate link:


Hello everyone. First of all let me say this IS NOT a chain letter. I'm writing you all today on behalf of a good friend of mine, Sarah, and her 8-year-old nephew Myles. In 2002, Myles was diagnosed with the most common form of childhood cancer, neuroblastoma. After a long battle, and a short remission, Myles' cancer returned this past year. Last week, after a bone scan, Myles' parents were given the news that the cancer had spread rapidly, and he was given a two week prognosis.

TWO WEEKS! Some of you may already know Myles' story, especially if you live in the Decatur/Mount Zion area.

A few years ago his story was featured in the the area papers. A family friend working with the New York City fire department had shared his story and the department gathered toys to send to Myles for Christmas. Myles had seen a story on TV of needy children in the area who would be without toys so he decided, at the ripe age of 6, to donate all of the toys, along with his own Christmas gifts, to these needy children.

I'm asking for anyone who can, to return Myles'

generosity. If you visit Myles' website, www.savemyles.org, you will see a fundraiser link. As you can imagine, years of medical bills, travel, and missed work can be very costly, and I know at this time, money is the last thing on their minds. If any of you are able, can you please help, even if you can only offer prayers, they are deeply appreciated.

Thanks for your time and take care!


Unfortunately, the website doesn't offer PayPal or any other way of electronic donations, but if you've got the means, the time, and a stamp, please help out.

I've not related to this family, nor have I ever met them--All of the money goes directly to them--I'm just passing on the link. Please help if you can.

Mikey

No comments: