Monday, January 22, 2007

Awake!

Hey Gang--I'm finally wide awake for the first time in almost a week. Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm still pretty tired, having just completed my first complete eight-hour shift since last Sunday night. And it was mostly on dice, so it was a workout.

Yesterday, it was nice to lounge around all day and work on that sleep deficit I've been running. But I got to watch some football from the comforts of my bed, dozing in and out but catching the good parts. I missed on one of my predictions, but at least I got the important one right. Bears or Saints, in the end it doesn't matter much, as the AFC is probably going to mow down their hapless opponent. Seriously, who would you want leading your team in the Super Bowl--Peyton Manning or Rex Grossman? I mean, it's not even close. I'm an NFC guy, but damn, this has blowout written all over it. I checked the sports book late last night, and the Bears early money line is +270. Good Lord.

Anyhow, the plan today is to get a little rest, wash all my laundry and put the luggage away, recharge the cellphone and iPod, upload any pictures I might have, and talk to Sticky about getting our timeline right so we can write our 'after-action' reports.

Then I'll go to work again before having my weekend to myself. Hopefully I can crank out some tales before Thursday night, but I make no promises.

Mikey

No comments: