Tuesday, June 01, 2010

So Tired That I Couldn't Even Sleep...

My apologies to Soul Asylum, but that's how I'm feeling this morning. No, not quite exhausted, but kind of worn out with my conscience gnawing at me that I should be asleep right now. I have an appointment at 10:00 am that I can't miss (gotta go down to Job #1 and update my Gaming Registration, and I can't do it remotely), and I'm on call tonight at Job #2, so there is an outside chance that I'll have to work again, too.

I should be in bed, but no, here I am at the keyboard trying to provide entertainment for all of you people. Because I'm a giver, that's why. Just ask the ladies.

Yeah, I worked again last night, and although we weren't crazy busy like we were over the weekend, it was still a pretty full house in the poker room, if you'll pardon the expression. And believe it or not, I actually made more money last night than I did on Sunday, and last night I got cut loose 45 minutes early. Yay me!

I also got my first indecent proposal last night, too. One of the gals in town for the weekend, who I'd dealt to several times over the past few days, kept reminding me that her girlfriend was gone and that she was flying solo for the evening. And she stayed in there playing all night long. Just before I left for the night, I got the pitch. Normally I would've jumped on it, but I'm not quite sure of the policy on shagging the players on property. (I'm guessing it's a no-no). And it's not something you can discreetly bring up and ask the boss, either, so instead of an elaborate excuse, I just said that I have an early appointment, (which I do) and found something to keep myself busy with until I hit the exit.

I told one of the other permanent dealers about it, and he laughed and said That's gonna happen a lot in here--trust me.

Ok! Just another day working on The Strip.

On the other hand, I finally found out where the employee dining room is at Job #2--I went there for the first time last night. Oh yeah, it's huge and all, but I got there so late that they'd closed down the hot food line, so all I did was make myself an Arnold Palmer and watched Spanish SportsCenter for about ten minutes before shuffling my way back to the poker room. (Los Cardenales ganar--Rojos pierden!).

So besides my appointment at Job #1 this morning, I also have to go down to the HR department at Job #2 and get my swipey-badge employee ID card. I didn't start working until Friday night, too late to get one for the weekend, but I got a message yesterday that I had to go in today and take care of that little chore right away or else bad things would happen. Bad things, man--bad things! (RIP Mr. Hopper.)

Once those chores are all done, I have to make my way over to the AT&T warranty replacement center out on west Sahara and see if I can't get another POS phone to replace my current POS phone that's deader than roadkill. Yeah, it's under warranty, but I'm guessing they'll try and come up with some way of getting into my pocket for a few more bucks before giving me a replacement. Since I'll be out on that side of town anyways, I may take a visit to NY Pizza & Pasta while I'm out there. It's been far too long since I've had the second-best pizza in Vegas, and I'm in the mood.

Mikey

No comments: