Monday, June 14, 2010

Have You Seen Me?

Yep--I'm about this close to seeing my picture on the side of a milk carton, but I'm here to tell you that I'm still around, just too busy to spend much time at the keyboard.

Right now I've got a few free minutes before I head down to Job #2 for the evening--I had to take an early out from Job #1 because a waitress spilled a cup of coffee down my back while I was sitting at the table dealing a Razz game. That'll wake you up faster than drinking it, that's for sure! Anyhow, I have just enough time to make a quick update, then I'm taking a shower and getting a fresh white shirt before heading back down to the Strip.

Oh, as far as rolling in the bucks goes--it ain't like that at all. I may be busy, but the bucks, well, they aren't that great. Job #1 is almost a joke--I deal almost all tournaments, but the downs are pretty sucky. Better than that free-roll crap at Texas Station I was always bitching about, but not much better. And they overstaffed a bit, too--some days I spend half my day on break, so I ain't gonna get rich there. And I've tempered my enthusiasm as far as being made permanent. First of all, I found out that those dealers they keep won't be getting on full-time. And second of all, it's obvious that the bosses are just gonna hire the attractive Asian chicks. It's been made pretty clear, I think. So I'm gonna have to keep looking for a permanent gig.

Job #2, on the other hand, is usually very good as far as money goes. But I have to be there on the right nights. Last night I only worked an hour before getting sent home, but on the weekends, I make bank. Unfortunately, after tonight, I'm not on the schedule again until Friday. And as much as I didn't think I'd like working there at first, I really enjoy it. If they offered me a permanent gig--even a peon at the bottom of the extra-board like I was at Sunset, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Anyhow, that's all that's about all I have time for right now--I've gotta hit the road and get back to work.

Peace!

Mikey

P.S. Here's a little something to enjoy while you wait for me to come back--it's Robert Earl Keen performing one of my favorites, For Love :

No comments: