Monday, September 20, 2010

What Next?

Hey Gang--

Y'all gotta bear with me, I'm struggling here.

I feel like I want to write a big long epic post about the events of the past week, but I'm not quite sure how to do it. See, I want to write interesting stuff, but unfortunately, lying in a hospital bed for a week with dozens of tubes and wires attached is definitely not much fun, and probably not very interesting either, unless you're into chubby white guys wearing backless hospital gowns. And you've already heard most of the high points already.

But here I sit, slowly trying to recover and get life back to normal, and I don't have much else going on and certainly an experience like that tends to stay on one's mind, so I've got nothing else to draw on right now. And I don't want to become a bore.

Part of the problem, also, is that it takes a lot of time and effort to write up one of those long posts that people like, and I just don't have the strength or endurance right now. I'm running on about 45% efficiency right now, and absolutely everything wears me down. Hell, just spending a half hour at Ace Hardware and Kroger earlier today took all the wind out of my sails for the rest of the day. I may be on the mend, but regaining my strength is still a long ways away. Even for simple tasks like sitting on my ass typing on the computer.

I've got a long road of recovery ahead, and basically, I'm going to apologize in advance because it's going to be all I've got to write about for awhile. I had a whole lot of time to think over the past several days, and getting those thoughts organized is much harder than I thought it would be. Writing about working and living in Vegas was easy--those stories mostly write themselves. But this, this is something new.

I think what I'll do is write one time about everything that happened to me, from beginning to end, and then maybe try to move on and get back to being my normal self. But before I can get back to normal, maybe I need my own bit of self-induced therapy that only the keyboard can provide. Once that happens, hopefully things will get interesting around here again. I dunno. Maybe it's just the medication talking.

Anyhow, we'll see what happens once I get some rest. In the meantime, don't worry, I'm ok. I came from one of the best hospitals in the world, home to one of the best families in the world. I'm in good hands.

Thanks again, everyone, for everything, and just keep your fingers crossed that my muse is as accomplished as my surgeon.

Mikey

No comments: