Friday, September 17, 2010

Feelin' Stronger Every Day

I must be getting better--I was able to go almost the entire night without somebody coming in and drawing blood or taking my temp or stuff like that. I was allowed to sleep, uninterrupted, for almost six hours. That's a good sign. I knew the end was near, at least as far as my hospital stay goes, because they didn't put me on oxygen last night, and I wasn't woke up at 4:00 am for my usual chest x-ray, either.

In fact, the first person to visit me this morning was the attending doctor, and he said they've almost got my blood thinned out to where it needs to be, and it's likely that I'll be going home tomorrow (Saturday). Man, you don't have any idea how good that feels, just to know I'm finally getting out of here. I can't wait to sleep in a normal bed again and not have needles stuck in me at all hours of the day and night.

Besides the mental pick-me-up of the knowledge that the worst is behind me, I'm feeling pretty good physically, too. I did a lot more walking yesterday (my physical therapist gal is quite the cutie, too, so that helps), and I also tried stairs for the first time yesterday, and they were no problem. So I feel like I'm ready to go. (And the cutie therapist gal just showed up and we walked three quick laps around 'Sick South')

Of course, it'll be a new sensation, being able to bathe myself and oh yeah, wear pants again (Yeah, I've been going commando in a gown for over a week now), and I have to use an electric razor to shave with for the next two months instead of a blade, but otherwise, life will slowly get back to normal.

I'm looking forward to it.

More later,

Mikey

No comments: