Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Wide Awake In America

Wait, haven't I used that headline before? It sounds like one I wouldn't have waited this long to use... Anyhow. I finally got some sleep last night, and woke up at 4:30 this morning. So of course I was Mr Motivation and got up and got a start on my day. All of my chores are done, and I guess I can still go to school for a few hours today and also get some quality sunshine-at-the-pool time in later this afternoon. Yesterday I was so tired that all I anticipated was lying around in bed all morning, then lying by the pool all afternoon. But I'm well rested and have already downed damn near an entire pot of Don Francisco's Hawaiian Hazelnut, so I'm ready to roll.

Before I forget, I want to give a shout out 'thank you' to one of my favorite readers, Dave P from CT, for giving me the magic solution to curing my email problems. Fixed it inside of two minutes. I guess I'll spend my evening sorting through all that crap now and catching up with everyone. Yeah, thanks again, Dave. Now I have no excuse... Just kidding--I really appreciate the help.

I also want to welcome a couple of new countries to the world of Hurricane Mikey. Checking my Site Meter this week, it seems that I now have readers in Sweden and Bulgaria. Very cool. I also have a couple of 'unknown countries' checking in, but judging from the email I get, I'm pretty sure that it's servicemen serving in Iraq. Oh yeah, and I can't forget that drunk chick down in St. Croix either... Apparently, HurricaneMikey.com is a worldwide phenomenon. I'm just missing step three of the success-in-the-Information-Age matrix:

1. Start a website
2. Get lots of readers
3. ?
4. Profit!

Oh well, like all great institutions, it started as a labor of love. Or as that no-talent hack Fred Durst once said, I did it for the nookie! Well, the free meals and drinks are nice, too.

Anyhow, it's a beautiful day out here in Vegas land, so I'm gonna hop in the shower and then get out and enjoy it a little bit. Have a happy happy!

Mikey

No comments: