Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Uncomfortably Numb

Sorry for not making a good Monday morning post, but I was busy learning one of Life's Lessons the hard way. And that would be to never do multiple shots of Maker's Mark and Patron in the same evening.

Now you know.

Please learn from my mistakes so you don't have to spend your morning after hugging the porcelain.

Actually, it was a self-induced hug. You could say I was being a 'bulimic drunk'. Years of practice have taught me that the best way to avoid a hangover is to not go to sleep with so much alcohol in the system. It's not a pretty method, but it works. But like most other great discoveries, I came upon that great truth on accident.

But it was my buddy Todd's 30th birthday, and he's one of my homeboys from Nashville, so a bunch of us went out to celebrate after work. Unfortunately, it seemed that everyone in attendance bought a round of different shots--a good idea in theory, but not so much in practice.

A good time was had by all, I think.

I'll write more this evening. Until then I've got to watch last night's episode of 24, catch up on some sleep, then go to school for a few hours.

Mikey

No comments: