Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Avast!


Yes, I know that I still have about 15 bottles of the demon rum laying around, left over from the March Madness festivities. But I'm working through that particular 'problem' as fast as I can. However, I can't say enough good things about a particularly delicious rum that I had the pleasure of drinking on the last day of the buffoonery. When George, Marlisha, and I spent the day at the Hilton smoking cigars and relaxing in our private lounge, we spent most of the afternoon sipping on Pyrat rum on the rocks.

Most of the time, rum is a great mixer, but this stuff is great by itself as a sipping drink--every bit as enjoyable as a fine cognac, and definitely less harsh than good scotch, at least to this novice scotch drinker. It's pretty smooth, and I believe that just their regular stuff is aged 15 years.

Those of you who know me best know that I'm all about the pirate lifestyle anyways--from my love of all things Caribbean, sailing, pirating music off the internet, even my weekly chore of swabbing the parrot shiat from the decks of me ghetto sled. So I've gone without this particular treasure long enough.

So this weekend, as a treat to myself for being so productive lately and working feverishly toward my goals, I'm gonna buy a bottle of the Good Stuff and add it to my collection. And the next time I reward myself for a private victory, I'll have the perfect booty.

Mikey

No comments: