Friday, April 21, 2006

Just Another Night

I took the day off from school today and spent a good healthy portion of the day sleeping. Yep, it was another exhausting night at work--busy of course, but they moved me to the Dice Table from Hell again--more ridiculous players who's 'systems' are obviously the products of an infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of keyboards. I swear that I have no idea how they can afford to keep coming back every night.

But as much as I would've loved to skip out early, we're still short on craps dealers, so I know that I'll be stuck till the bitter end on Thursdays and Mondays. In fact, next week's schedule came out and they stopped pretending completely--I'm actually scheduled for dice both nights instead of starting me in Chinatown and then moving me over after midnight.

Also, we were asked if we'd like to go work at Red Rock on our days off, apparently, they're short of dealers too. It sounds like a good deal--I'm sure the money would be great, but I really don't want to make that drive in the Sled (it's a good hour commute from my place, in traffic), and I've got school to finish up next week, along with the off-chance of getting an audition or two. Yep, poker school is winding down--I've got to take my final exam on Monday and do my final evaluation next Friday. So I think I'll skip on working at Red Rock. At least that's the way I'm leaning right now.

Mikey

No comments: