Saturday, April 22, 2006

A Beautiful Day

Yep, it's sunny and in the mid 70s here in Vegas-land today, with just a slight breeze out there to make it even more pleasant. Oh, and by the way, did I mention it's LAS VEGAS, too? Can't get much better than that. I suppose if I could talk my roommate into building a grotto at the back of the pool, maybe we could get some of Hef's girls to come by and hang out, maybe then it would be better, but until then, it ain't too bad around here.

Of course, I spent my Friday night working, and of course we were busy. Luckily I didn't get moved to the dice pit late in the evening, but at 3am they asked if I wanted to go home, so I did. Just as I got up from the table, I went to check the time on my cellphone and I saw there was a message from my favorite late-night caller, Stephanie. She'd called about two minutes earlier and left a message, asking what I was up to.

So I called her back and we agreed to meet at the bar fifteen minutes later. By the time I got there, she was already there with a beer in her hand, so we grabbed a couple seats, ordered some munchies and spent some time playing quarter video blackjack. Of course we won $25 while we were at it, too.

We were having a great time until one of the floor guys from the dice pit showed up and joined us and started talking about work, again--that's all he ever does, and it's hard to ditch him. I could see Steph's eyes glaze over and when one of the dudes that works in the bar came by looking for somebody to shoot pool with, she jumped at the chance, but I could't escape. So I had to listen to him bitch about not getting picked for Red Rock for a good 15 or 20 minutes until she got back.

By then we'd both switched to bottled water, and I was getting droopy--it was almost 5:30 in the morning. Her phone rang and she gave the old "I'll call you back in just a few minutes", so I figured that was my cue. I said I was tired and going home, and she said the same thing, so we said goodbye to everyone and headed for the door. We had a quick goodbye in the parking lot, and as I drove away, I saw her on the phone, heading to her next best offer...

I hit the bed just as the sun was coming up. She said she wants to get together again tonight, but I don't know if I want to. I'm sure she can find something to keep herself entertained, however.

In the meantime, I think I'm gonna head out to the pool and catch a little sunshine.

Mikey

No comments: