Ok, I promised a fun-type post that would give you something to do while sitting around in the office today. So here it is. Lately, there's been another one of those internet memes going around the blogging world, and it was forwarded to me a couple of times, but I've been sitting on it for a few days. Anyhow, I decided to take some time to set it up, so here it is.
Basically, what I've done, is search IMDB.com for famous movie quotes. I've compiled a list of 25 of them below, and the idea is to see how many you can guess--and NO cheating by using Google or the IMDB search engine (or other people's comments). A couple of things--these are all from famous movies, although there are a few more obscure ones thrown in to make it a little more challenging. Also, I avoided using some of the movies I regularly quote from here on the site--that would be too easy. And none are from sequels, either, so maybe that info helps a little. And I couldn't use movies like Pirates of the Caribbean (all the dialogue is pirate-speak, much too easy), Casino (every quote has an f-bomb in it!), or most quotes with names or places referenced (I think one or two might've slipped by, but I've tried to make it a challenge).
Anyhow, enjoy. Here they are:
1. We move swift. We move silent. We move deadly. Only one shake of those wangs ladies. Anymore than that constitutes pleasure and we're not in that business.
2. That's the one good thing about Paris: there's a lot of girls willing to take their clothes off.
3. You ain't from this planet are you, Vincent? Who is gonna mug two black fellas, holding pistols, sat in a car that is worth less than your shirt?
4. This is a story you will tell your grandchildren; and mightily bored they'll be.
5. Luther said I could learn some things from you… I already know how to drink.
6. Ask your girlfriend. She's the one who's calling all the shots now. She won't shut up.
7. On the most exalted throne in the world, we are seated on nothing but our own arse.
8. Ok, you've heard of Aretha Franklin right? She's a big lady. But when she sings, she blows people's minds! Everyone wants to party with Aretha! And, you know who else has a weight problem? Me. But when I get up there and start doing my thing, people worship me! Because I'm sexy, and chubby, man.
9. Oh, great. You get the girl, I get the coroner.
10. You can get further with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word.
11. I don't know about that, father. Your guy may be bigger than my guy up there, but my guy is bigger than your guy down here.
12. To be with another woman, that is French. To be caught, that is American.
13. With all due respect, sir, I believe this is gonna be our finest hour.
14. You better shape up, Tiger, or some hotshot Jap pilot's gonna flame your ass!
15. I don't tolerate this sort of thing. It's hard on the peace, and it's hard on the furniture. Now, knowing a bit about Carter here, I'm going to let you go without paying for the damages, but go you will, and I mean now.
16. I find that smuggling is the life for me, and would be delighted to kill your friend the maggot!
17. Don't you sometimes feel that this is the kind of life we were meant to live on this earth? Everything we need, everything, right here, right at our fingertips. You know, if only people could have all this and be satisfied, I don't think there'd be any real problems in the world.
18. I regret trifling with married women. I'm thoroughly ashamed at cheating at cards. I deplore my occasional departures from the truth. Forgive me for taking your name in vain, my Saturday drunkenness, my Sunday sloth. Above all, forgive me for the men I've killed in anger… and those I am about to.
19. You're legally allowed to drink now, so we figured the best thing for you was a car.
20. Oh, he proposed to her four times already, said he would leave his wife and kids, convert from Catholic to Baptist. Now you know that's some mean pussy to make a man change Gods.
21. Have you ever gotten the feeling that you aren't completely embarrassed yet, but you glimpse tomorrow's embarrassment?
22. Father Bobby would have made a good hit-man. It's a shame we lost him to the other side.
23. Like all Brits, he thinks he was born with a better pot to piss in.
24. Only a pimp from a cheap New Orleans whorehouse would carry a pearl-handled pistol.
25. What did you do, wake up this morning and say "Today I'm going to ruin a man's life"?
Have at it. See how many you can get. I'll post up the answers in a couple of days.