Monday, August 18, 2008

Still Alive, Just Tired

Hey gang -- I *really* wanted to write up a long and detailed travelogue of my weekend's activities, but damn, brothaman is just completely wiped out. I've been yawning for about three hours straight, and I've got that aching behind my eyes that tells me that my fatigue cup is overflowing.

Today was especially brutal--I got called at 3:45 in the morning to come in ASAP, and I worked until 3:00 pm this afternoon. I was joking with my players that my middle initials were O.T.

But the money was great and I'm happy to be feasting rather than famining. On the other hand, I feel like I've been run over by a truck full of angry livestock. And I'm on the hook for tomorrow, too, so as much as I'd like to spend a couple of hours rehashing my activities for your enjoyment, I just don't have the strength.

If I can catch up on some sleep and work less than 12 hours on Monday, I'll do some writing on Monday night. I'm off on Tuesday--completely--the boss marked "DO NOT CALL" next to my name on the calendar for that day, so at the very latest you'll have plenty to read by Wednesday. Sorry--that's the best I can do.

I need to go to bed.

Mikey

No comments: