Thursday, August 28, 2008

Frustrated Incorporated

Thus far, my day off has been quite uneventful, although I now have solid evidence that my new egg-crate mattress pad helps me to sleep. Not only did I get a good solid six hours of sleep last night, but after my morning update, well, I got a few more.

Once I got up and was kicking around the house, I was just about to get in the shower and head over to the grocery store when my favorite gal Beth called, causing me to drop everything and dive for the phone.

Anyhow, we talked for a bit, but then tried to jive our schedules together, and between now and next weekend, there is just no window of opportunity to spend time together. Ugh! Weekends are out right now because of my work schedule and she's got her daughter, and it's a bit too soon to introduce me into that mix. She goes in to work at 6 pm most weeknights, and I work every day until 2 (sometimes later, when it's busy). And even if we tried to squeeze a lunch date in there, she has to go get the young-un from school at three every day.

Worse yet, this coming week is the very first time I've been scheduled for a full forty hours since I transferred to the poker room, and my only two on-call days, where I could conceivably make plans, well, those are the two days that Beth is working at the spa! Talk about irritating coincidences...

So, after kicking around our calendars for about five minutes, she suggested that we just wait until the week after next. I'm cool with that--there's just no way to spend any time together outside of work for the next ten days--but damn, I don't wanna wait that long to see her! On the bright side, I've got another manicure appointment with her a week from tomorrow, and we're hoping that I'm her last client of the day. Not that we're making any plans for after her workday--she has to stick around in case somebody shows up at the last minute, which they always seem to do on Fridays--but at least then we can make some plans for the following week while I'm there.

Just once, I'd like this shiat to be easy. The gals I'm ambivalent about? They always seem to be available. The one girl I want to see the most? We can't even carve out two hours of common free time over the next ten days.

Oh well. I guess that means that it'll be that much sweeter once it finally happens...

Mikey

No comments: