Friday, August 15, 2008

Guess Where I'm Not

That's right--not at work today!

After writing up that brief post last night before going to bed, that big meal at The Range just wasn't sitting right, and it was tough to sleep. I was tossing and turning for awhile, got up, went downstairs and got a big tall Big Gulp-sized glass of water, then turned on some music on my little iPod stereo thingy. I considered playing another online tourney, only because it helps pass the time, but I didn't feel up to it.

It took me awhile, and I remember the room getting a little brighter because of dawn breaking before I finally fell asleep. I woke up because I heard my phone ringing, but didn't answer it--it seemed awfully early. A few minutes later, it was ringing again, but I didn't get to it in time. Turns out that it was work calling, asking if I could come in at 10 am. But twenty minutes had passed and they called in some other poor schmuck to work because they couldn't get hold of me (that was the second voicemail).

So I called 'em back and apologized for sleeping through the call, but they said they'd probably need me around 11 or so. No problemo--I was cool with that. So I chilled around the house, sorted some laundry, played in another tourney (second place this time, $81 in prize money!), and then headed out to do some errands. I gotta tell ya, going to the bank every Friday to make a deposit is a whole lot better than going down there and making a withdrawal every week.

Anyhow, once I got back, I found out that the day was mine! I do not have to work today, which, although the money would be nice, the time away is just what I need. So I called Derek to let him know that I was free for the day, but they were just getting up after arriving in Vegas late last night and doing a little bit of gambling and drinking till the wee hours. Their plan was to go get some food and then spend the afternoon at the Bellagio pool, and they invited me to join them.

But I'm not hungry at all--that dinner kinda jacked up my system--and I didn't feel like packing a bag to spend the afternoon at the pool, then have to bring dinner clothes to change into later, so we agreed just to meet up at the Mirage early in the evening for cocktails before we have dinner.

So I'm just lounging around the house today, maybe getting a few things done here and there, killing time before I head back down to the Strip. My to-do list is a mile long, but my brain is kinda fried--it's like I'd rather do nothing than lay around in my pajamas watching cartoons all day. I'm sure I'll get a couple of items crossed off the list, but I know that the garage ain't gonna get cleaned, nor is the laundry gonna get done. So far, all I've done is mail-order a couple more pairs of those sexy black polyester work pants that I'm so fond of and troll PokerStars for a juicy tournament (so far I'm drawing blanks--nobody is signing up for the $33 sng's today).

Other than that, nothing else is going on around here today. It's a rather dull Friday afternoon, and I'm gonna spend it doing as little as possible.

Mikey

No comments: