Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I Am A Very Bad Man

Not for the usual reasons that come to mind, of course, but just because lately I've become allergic to responding to email.

I don't know why that is, but I *do* read it all, and I intend to answer it all. But most of the time, I get it when I come home from work, and there's a pile of 'em stacked up. And the thought of answering them all at once is just too much to deal with after a long and mentally challenging day at the office. Plus, I always want to write back to everyone and put some thought into my messages, answering questions, giving each person their due attention, but man, after a couple dozen or so, it just gets to be too much work.

So please don't be angry with me or wish bad things like a painful groinal-area rash upon me because I haven't responded to your emails. I haven't responded to anyone's emails in almost a month. I'm not being uppity or think I'm too good to respond to you all, but some days it's overwhelming. Couple that with the hectic month I've had at work, and some things get put on the back burner and a lot of times I just forget about 'em. Now that things have slowed down (almost too much), I can do a better job of keeping up.

I'd ask for patience, but then that would mean I'd be answering answering all that email, eventually, which I'd like to do. But I can't promise that, so I'll ask for forgiveness instead, because a bunch of them are gonna slip through the cracks.

Mikey

No comments: