Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Feeling Much Better, Thank You!

Hey gang, I know that this site has sucked these past few days, but seriously, I've had nothing to write about. Hopefully, that trend will reverse itself.

Due to some much-needed rest, I'm feeling about a thousand percent better today. I slept so hard last night that I didn't hear Rob come home, which I always do, nor did I hear him run the dishwasher, which I believe truly wishes it could be a leaf-blower instead of a dishwasher. It's easily the loudest appliance in captivity. But I didn't hear it. And I didn't hear my phone starting to go off around 2:30 this morning either--apparently all of my local buddies here were getting together for a party after work. I missed it, although I'm not too upset. The real party starts next week, and well, my local gang are rank amateurs compared to the experienced pros I'll be hanging with for March Madness.

Anyhow, as good as I feel, I haven't had any food yet today, but I've had a pot of coffee. And it was so nice to be able to swallow without having to take a ten second time out from everything else.

And as soon as my coffee pot had filled up, the doorbell rang--UPS man again. He was delivering that load of black undershirts that I ordered last week. No more of those nasty faded and worn out ones that I've been nursing along for the past year--they all went directly into the garbage.

Other than that--nothing else of interest has happened yet today besides talking on the phone with a couple of my favorite buffoons--Angy and Dougie, both of which are getting pretty excited for next week's silliness.

And I'm feeling so much better that I *may* just head down and play in that poker tournament at the Silverton tonight. My game needs a tuneup before next week, and I figure if I fall flat on my face, it's much better to do it in front of a bunch of strangers that I'll never see again, instead of the usual gang of T2Vers who'll never let you forget the slightest indiscretion.

Mikey

No comments: