Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Down to Just Watching the Clock Now

Wow, my first day of vacation was completely uneventful and relaxing. Almost dull. But not quite. It's never a dull day when Angy calls, and she called while she was packing, panicking like a crazy woman because she couldn't find her 'Beach Crazy' shirt I made her about a year and a half ago. She was planning of wearing it to the poker tournament on Saturday, but somehow, it was missing in action.

I suggested that it's probably still in the suitcase from the last time she wore it, back in July.



I only post that pic because I know she hates it--but it's one of my favorite pictures of her. And she's offline until sometime tomorrow afternoon, so there's nothing she can do about it. Heh. Of course, when she *does* finally see it, I'm probably gonna get a beat down with a sparkly high-heeled shoe.

So I was on the phone with her while she tore up her house looking for this shirt, but she finally gave up, knowing she'd be up all night and forget to pack something really important like a cellphone charger or cigarette lighter if she focused on finding the shirt. So I got online and accessed my account at the Hurricane Mikey shirt vendor's website, and her custom shirt was still in the archives, so we did a rush-order and instructed them to Fedex it to the Imperial Palace tomorrow.

Whew. Disaster averted.

Other than that, we just chatted a bit while she packed--she's as excited as everyone else is for this week, and while I may have been the original-gangster-founder of the Madness as we know it, Angy is truly the center of the March Madness universe--everything revolves around her. And I mean that in a good way. I may be the big green olive in the Vegas martini, but she is the glass. Without her, there is no Madness--just a bunch of drunken morons stumbling from poker table to poker table, drinking directly from the bottle.

I couldn't even imagine having March Madness without her in attendance.

Anyhow, we had a fun-filled conversation, just like we always do, but we had to end it or she'd never finish packing. After that, I got back into the chatroom with a few of the other buffoons, and the anticipation was palpable. But there was a mellow vibe as everyone was distracted by last-minute to-do lists and finishing off the last of their packing. Besides, everyone wanted to go to bed early, hoping to catch some precious sleep before they hit the ground running tomorrow. It seems like everyone has early-morning flights, too, so that contributed to the All Quiet On the Western Front vibe that I sense tonight.

As far as my preparations go, I'm pretty much ready to go. I just have to pack up the speakers from my computer system and finish one more load of laundry. I finally got my truck gassed up, washed, and super-detailed this afternoon. Kikky tipped me off about a good car-wash spot here in Henderson to take it to, and she was right--they did a great job and the price was more than reasonable. Hell, the truck hasn't been this shiny and clean since the day I drove it off the showroom floor. And it was filthy--I hadn't vacuumed it in months, and the exterior looked crappy because it has sprinkled about once a week for the past four months, leaving a coat of mottled dust all over it that just got worse with each passing week.

But now it's all purty.

And I'm ready to go.

I was munchin' on another pimento and cheese sandwich while chatting with the buffoons earlier tonight, and Dougie said he'd just finished dinner--the last thing he was going to eat until we're sitting down at Grimaldi's tomorrow afternoon. I guess that means we're getting close.

Damn, it almost feels like Christmas Eve around here.

Mikey

No comments: