Sunday, May 14, 2006

Today's Sign of the Apocalypse

Yesterday, I had a craving for some Thai food, so I drove down to a local joint called Mr. Chop Chop Thai/Chinese Restaurant.

Even though I ordered all Thai food, they still included a couple of fortune cookies in the bag. I didn't bother eating them yesterday, but today while sitting at my computer, the fortune cookies were still sitting on my desk, so I opened one.

The message inside the fortune cookie was written in Spanish.

Yep, it appears that we've reached the tipping point.

Only knowing enough Spanish to order lunch, get arrested in Tijuana, or get my ass kicked, I have no idea what it said. I hope it was something good, though. Hell, I don't even know how to say 'in bed' in Spanish, so I couldn't even add that to the end for a laugh...

Aside from that, the food was fantastic. I hadn't eaten Thai food in several months, and I'd forgotten how good it was. I swear I could live on Chicken Satay--I'm going to have to learn how to make that at home. And of course the Pad Thai noodles with chicken and shrimp were excellent, especially after I finished my satay and mixed in the leftover sauce. I also had an order of Crab Rangoon, which although was very tasty, I know I can make a better version (an old girlfriend in college taught me how to make it, and it's a big hit whenever I do).

Anyhow, now that I know that there's a great Thai food take-out shop less than a mile from my house, I'm fairly certain that I'll be eating there about once a week from now on.

Mikey

No comments: