Thursday, May 25, 2006

Quote of the Day

Yeah, been goofing off. Sloth is the only one of the Seven Deadlies that gives me serious life problems.

That quote came from John Derbyshire in The Corner on NRO last night. And I could relate to it so well that I had to borrow it. I know, I haven't posted much lately, but then again, I haven't had much to write about. Sitting at home on my days off is extremely boring these days, although some quality cigars-by-the-pool time is always nice.

My system has now become fully acclimatized to this whole swing shift schedule, meaning that I can no longer sleep at night on my off-days. I try to watch tv, but it's mostly infomercials in the middle of the night. I've read everything in the house, too, so that's not much of an option. I suppose I could go for a walk around the neighborhood and get a little exercise, and actually, now that I've written it, it sounds like a great idea. This weather earlier this week has been especially nice, like God reached out and cranked up the cosmic air conditioner--mid 60s at night, 80s during the day. It's getting a little warmer now, but it's going to cool off again this weekend.

Speaking of the weekend--it should be a good one. George and Marlisha are here to get hitched by Elvis at the Graceland Chapel, and I'm sure some low-grade buffoonery shall ensue. And Angy arrives for a quick visit, also. Luckily I have to work every night--no chance of getting any time off, so we can't get kicked out of anywhere and she can't get Andrea and I drunk together and make us do stupid stuff that ends up on my digital camera.

And speaking of Andrea, I miss her badly... I haven't seen her since the Saturday morning of March Madness when I dropped her back at her car in the Imperial Palace parking garage. I spent a couple more days hanging with Angy after that, and unbelievably I'll see Angy again before I see Andrea again--and Andrea lives here! Kinda sucks. We email, text message, and talk on the phone, but hell, she might as well be a thousand miles away. But she lives way up on the far northwest side, I live on the southeast side, and our schedules are completely out of sync. If we want to hang out, one of us usually has to take a vacation day.

These are a few of my favorite things...

But it'll be great to see 'em again. Who knows, maybe there will be some high-grade buffoonery, too.

Mikey

No comments: