Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Let's Roll

My days are already written out on the skins of time, and all that is left to me is to die bravely...

I spent my evening at the theatre watching United 93. Very powerful, very moving, and it made me both sad and angry at the same time--sad for the families of 9/11, and angry at all the right people. I would hope that if I were ever caught in a similiar situation, I would act the same way--with boldness, decisiveness, and bravery.

It's an amazing movie for the simple fact that although we already know how it's going to end--there are absolutely no surprises--everyone walked out of the theatre in stunned silence.

And it's not "too early" to see it, either.

Some say that because of America, there will always be young men like that. I disagree. I say that because of young men like that, there will always be an America.

Mikey

No comments: