Sunday, May 14, 2006

Bummed Out

I've spent a good portion of my Sunday afternoon surfing the web trying to plan a little getaway to the islands. I talked to my favorite partner -in- crime this weekend, Andrea, and she's all about joining me in a Caribbean adventure, too, so I've been trying to figure out a way to get down there for a few days on the cheap.

My sister Cyndi has a condo down there right on the beach, so basically all we need is airfare and spending money.

Unfortunately, all flights to St. Croix are ridiculously expensive. The best I could do is find fares in the neighborhood of $675 round trip from Vegas to St. Croix--of course the trip is at least 12 hours each way, with stops in Miami and San Juan. That seems a bit excessive for a four-day trip, and it seems especially so when we could drive to Los Angeles and hop on a weeklong cruise to the Mexican Riviera for $150 less per person.

I don't know what I'm gonna do yet, but I *do* know that I need some sort of vacation.

Mikey

No comments: