Monday, May 08, 2006

Still Awake

I just got home from 'the office' a little while ago, and instead of wasting time in bed watching tv and trying to fall asleep, I decided to post a quick update before tucking in for the night (morning).

Work was pretty fun--I was back on my normal string with fun players. And as luck would have it, another longtime reader--from three years now--came and sat at my table. His name is Skip, but any of you T2V'ers out there would know him as 'Soreyes'. Not only did he sit at my table and get everyone else to start tipping, but he also brought me a very nice gift--a plastic bag containing two Partagas and one Macanudo. Oh hell yeah--great cigars! Even the pit boss was impressed with his generosity.

Thanks again, Skip!

Anyhow, we had a lot of fun playing WPT Holdem, and I think he broke about even for the hour that he was there. He told me that he was planning on going over to the Hilton in the morning to do the Star Trek experience, and that's where I'm meeting Drew before we head to the Grand Lux for lunch, so I invited him to join us--it should be a good time.

After he left, I was on break and sent Stephanie a text message--she usually goes to a movie on Sunday night and then comes to visit me at my table for an hour or so. But I hadn't seen her, so I wrote Why you no come see me tonight? Less than a minute later she wrote back asking where I was and said she was already there looking for me. So I left the break room and found her lurking around the fountains at the oyster bar. She hung out at my 3-Card Poker table until my next break, and we chatted a bit before she headed home and I went to the dice pit for the rest of my shift. We have tentative plans to go see that Flight 93 movie sometime this week, as I've been carrying free movie passes around in my wallet longer than I had that condom in high school.

The dice table was fine--there was a lot of heavy action when I got there, but it died off when the table got icy, leaving leaving only one of our old regulars who spends so much time there anyways that when he finally kicks off, we're going to have to hold the services in the dice pit.

It was a very long night, but I'm glad it's finally over. One more shift until the weekend! Today should be a pretty good day. It's Monday for the rest of the world, but it's Friday to me.

Mikey

No comments: