Tuesday, September 13, 2011

September Reading List

Ok, so I'm a procrastinator.  Actually, the combination of busy and tired conspired to keep me from doing a post about the Labor Day camping trip we took last weekend.

Oh, it was a good one, and I'm sure I'll get to it eventually, but today, as much as I wanted to make it happen, I just couldn't.  I have an excuse, though.  I spent most of my Tuesday down at Vanderbilt getting shuffled from one office to the next, seeing different doctors and nurses and doing paperwork.

Now that I've got insurance again, and damn good insurance at that, it seems that they want to put me back in the body and fender shop and do some more work under the hood.  Yep, I gotta go under the knife again at some point, but it's nothing too serious.  Well, it's kinda serious to me, but this next operation has about a 99% success and survival rate.  No worries this time around.  Of course, when the day comes that they wheel be down to the basement on a gurney and I see the ceiling of that operating room again, I'm probably gonna lose my shiat.

But I'll worry about that when the time comes.

Anyhow, after getting up at 6:00 am and spending the better part of the day down there, I met up with Scottie and Tim for Taco Tuesday at Judge Bean's.  Seriously--their brisket tacos are some of the best things I've ever eaten.  Unbelievably good.  It was a great lunch and it's always fun to hang with my brothas.  After that, I sat in traffic for another hour getting home because a manure truck decided to burn down to the axles on I-65 northbound.  Once I finally made it back to the house, I dozed for most of the rest of the afternoon and evening.

Since I'm still trying to get my creativity back, I didn't want to offer up an inferior product.  So instead of a brand-new post, I'm giving y'all a field trip into the archives for some of my favorite 'September' reading.

First of all, here's last years camping trip:

The Road Goes on Forever, and the Moving Never Ends

And once you get your fill of that, you can re-read a little bit of cruising buffoonery with a dash of September 11th thrown in:


The Oldest Established Permanent Floating Crap Game...

And in case you haven't wasted your entire work day by now, here's a good road trip story:


What a Long Strange Trip It Was

Enjoy!

Eventually, I'll write a little somethin' somethin' about our latest camping expedition.

Mikey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mikey, thank God you're back. I just reread the two Blogs about your cruise and the road trip. It brought back great memories of your great writing abilities. Looking forward to more and more words of wit!!!

Vegas Linda Lou said...

When's the surgery, Mikey? I'm glad it has such a good success rate, but I'll still need to send positive vibes.