Monday, August 31, 2009

I Got You Babe


Even though I'm presently without a clock radio, haunted or otherwise, I still have an alarm. For the past two years or more, I've just been using the alarm clock on my cell phone. And being that I'm on call basically 24/7/365, I always have my cell phone handy. Even when I'm asleep, it's usually right next to my pillow.

For as long as I can remember, I've just used one of the pre-loaded standard alarm tones that came with the phone--I think the one I've been using was called 'Hyperactive'. But no longer.

I've been downloading a few tunes here and there this weekend, and while doing so, I was thinking that I should customize my daily wake-up call with something better. I couldn't come up with anything suitable at first--I mean, I didn't want to use one of my favorite songs as an alarm, because eventually I'd end up hating it. And I certainly didn't want something especially irritating either. Mellow tunes were out, too, because I'd probably just sleep right through them.

But then it became glaringly obvious as to which song I should use. I mean, if you're only going to hear one song every day when you wake up, is there nothing more appropriate than Sonny & Cher singing I Got You Babe, straight outta Groundhog Day?

I think not.

Now, I just have to find a few songs to use as ringtones for whenever some of my 'more experienced' gals call me up. Kinda like the Highlander, there can only be one Mrs. Robinson...

Mikey

No comments: