Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Trifecta of Awesome


As much as I was looking forward to all of the great college football yesterday, I was sorely disappointed. Seriously--that Oklahoma/Texas game was downright painful to watch. And didn't it seem to draw out for like 4-plus hours? I thought it would never end.

All I learned from watching that game, is that if Texas is the third best team in the country, there are some *really* shiatty teams out there. I watched a lot of football yesterday, and the only legitimate Heisman candidate I saw was that dude from Alabama who ran for like 240 yards against South Carolina--even when they were direct-snapping the ball to him and the defense knew he was gonna run it, they couldn't stop him. Simply awesome. The rest of them? Not so much. Texas stunk up the joint, and Colt McCoy looked like JaMarcus Russell playing against, well, pretty much anybody. How they ever managed to win, your guess is as good as mine. USC almost gave the game away to Notre Dame on several occasions, and Florida barely escaped with a win against Arkansas. Just a day full of crappy play all around from teams that should've blown out their opponents.

On the other hand, something happened yesterday that I don't think I've ever witnessed in my lifetime, and it gave me the giggles for hours. The three teams I love to hate--Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Nebraska--all lost outright. Oh hell yeah! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside just thinking about it.

It may have been a crummy day to watch the big boys play, but seeing the wannabes get smacked made it all worthwhile. How awesome would it be if it happened again next week?

BTW, it looks like the National Champ is coming out of God's Own Conference once again this year. (Roll Tide!)


Mikey

No comments: