Monday, October 19, 2009

Not Just Cough Medicine

After lying on the couch all weekend, and actually calling in sick to work last night, I finally had enough. I'd run out of cough drops, I had no cough medicine, and all I had left to treat myself with was a bit of Zycam and can of Chunky chicken noodle soup.

So around 1:00 o'clock in the morning, I shuffled my sorry ass out to the truck and headed to the nearest 24-hour grocery store. My objective was to pick up a bottle of Delsym (haven't found anything that works nearly as well for killing a cough), and a pack of Hall's. Even though it has only been three days, I am SICK of being sick.

First things first, I got my medicine. And since my throat has worn itself raw from all of the coughing, I was craving some ice cream. But late Sunday night is not the time to go grocery shopping, as all of the weekend consumers have pretty much cleared out the joint--the new stock hadn't reached the shelves yet, so I felt like I was in one of them old cold war-era stores in the Soviet Union. There was no Breyer's to be found. I guess it didn't help that it was up over 90 degrees this weekend here in Vegas, but all the good ice cream was gone. I had to settle for some off-brand shiat.

And I went to get some oranges, too, but the produce section had also been annihilated. It took a few minutes, but I finally found four decent ones to take with me. Wandering back to get another carton of juice, I saw that the holiday varieties of coffee creamer were now available, so I crabbed a big bottle of the Peppermint Mocha. I love that stuff, but it's only available a couple of months out of the year. After that, my shopping excursion was pretty much over. However, I took a stroll down the condiment aisle, working off of a tip I got from Dougie the other day. While there, I spotted another must-have item. Behold:




Oh hell yeah. I can't wait to fix myself a turka-and-swiss sandie later this afternoon. Thankfully this bug I got hasn't affected my sinuses or taste-buds, so I'm good to go once I feel hungry again.

Mikey

No comments: