Monday, April 16, 2007

Rendering Unto Caesar

Hey Everyone...

Sorry I haven't posted in the past few days, but I've been extremely busy this weekend. Besides work, of course, I spent my days doing 'projects' around the house--Not only did we get the interior painted here at Casa de Mikey (a nice light coral color), but all the associated moving of furniture and reassembly of everything had to be done (shelves, doors, hooking up all the appliances again, etc.) Also, Eddie B, of trip report fame arrived on Sunday and is staying here at the house with me for the next few weeks and I had to do stuff like rearrange furniture and move stuff to storage to make room for his stuff and his big inflatable life-raft bed.

He decided to get the hell out of Schwab (all of the cool kids had left years ago, anyways...) and is taking a shot at another business venture. So he's here in town taking attending meetings, taking some classes, doing that sort of prep work for a few weeks and crashing here instead of paying a grand or more to stay at Budget Suites. It's almost like being in college again, as we have the big blue cooler sitting in the corner of the bedroom (full of Heineken and Michelob Light) and we pretty much keep ESPN running 24/7 while not working.

Also, I spent most of the day doing my taxes and finally finished, and I got them submitted today, and-- Praise be to Allah!-- I get a $63 refund. Woot!

Oh wait, that good news was tempered by the letter I got in the mail this weekend from the IRS saying that due to a witholding error in 2002, I owe them $960, payable immediately. However, if I just happen to have documentation handy that proves otherwise, send that along and they'll take another look, otherwise, here's an envelope... That's just what I frickin' needed, especially this week.

Damn The Man!

Between the Feds wanting a grand, and the City of Las Vegas hittin' me for $360, I am now truly the gub-mint's bitch. I've got my fingers crossed that I don't get a call from Carson City telling me the State wants a piece of my ass, too. Getting bent over by two levels of government is quite enough, thank you very much...

That's all there is from this end right now--I think I need a beer from that big blue cooler.

Mikey

No comments: