Thursday, April 12, 2007

Button Up, Campers, Because It's COLD Outside!

It is overcast, gray, cold, and extremely windy outside. If we were near the ocean, there would be a small craft advisory and the Coast Guard would be on alert. The sea was angry that day, my friends... But I'm back inside where it's relatively warm and I can only hear the wind instead of feeling it. It's howling out there. It was insane downtown, with the buildings funneling the wind down the streets--it must've been gusting 50 mph at street level this morning.

But I survived the maelstrom and I'm back from the Clark County Justice Court, and I have to admit, it couldn't have gone smoother. Imagine a super-efficient DMV visit. I was in and out in less than 30 minutes, and that includes all the hiking back and forth from the public parking garage a couple blocks away. Unfortunately, I'm still on the hook for $300, no getting around that, and traffic school is going to cost another $60 or so, but at least I can do it online. But I don't have to make my "formal" court appearance until the middle of next month, and then after that I have 30 days to do traffic school and 90 days to pay the fine. That's much easier to swallow. I've gotta tell you, it sucks having to give the gub-mint a few hundred bucks of my hard-earned cash for such a minor indiscretion, but they are really nice about taking it from you here in America's Playground.

Since I got up early this morning after getting just three hours of sleep, I think I'm going to take a nap for a few hours before heading back into work and starting my week.

Mikey

No comments: