Thursday, April 19, 2007

Moving Pictures

I'm always behind on stuff that lands in my inbox, but this survey sounded interesting, so here goes.

1) Name a movie that you have seen more than ten times. Groundhog Day, National Treasure

2) Name a movie that you've seen multiple times in a theatre. True Lies, Star Wars

3) Name an actor who would make you more inclined to see a movie. Kevin Spacey, Samuel L. Jackson

4) Name an actor who would make you less likely to see a movie. Ben Stiller, Rosie O'Donnell.

5) Name a movie you can and do quote from. Dazed and Confused, Pulp Fiction, Ocean's Eleven, Shawshank Redemption, Forrest Gump, Star Wars.

6) Name a movie musical that you know all the lyrics to all the songs. All the lyrics? None that I can think of.

7) Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with. Grease II, The Commitments.

8) Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see. The Commitments, Serenity.

9) Name a movie that you own. I own lots of dvd's. I *wish* I owned a copy of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

10) Name an actor that launched his/her acting career in another medium but has surprised you with his/her acting chops. Will Smith.

11) Have you ever seen a movie in a drive in? If so, what? Hundreds of times. The last one was America's Sweethearts with John Cusack and Julia Roberts. Gag. I saw Pet Sematary about a dozen times or more back in the summer of 1989--it was part of every double feature that year.

12) Ever made out in a movie? Only with Paris Hilton, but that tape hasn't been released yet. Oh... you meant in a theatre... Once or twice in college. Was way too awkward in high school--I never got any lovin' in the movies back then.

13) Name a movie you keep meaning to see but just haven't gotten around to it yet. The Matador--I've recorded it three times in the past year on the dvr, but haven't seen it yet.

14) Ever walked out of a movie? Yep. I think the first time was Making Love with Streep and De Niro. God, what a dreadful plodding piece of crap. I also walked out of Defending Your Life another Streep movie, but it was more because of Albert Brooks. And I would've walked out on "Seven Years in Tibet" except that I was on a double date and trapped.

15) Name a movie that made you cry in the theatre. The Notebook.

16) Popcorn? Usually. With salt and that buttery-flavored goo from the dispenser. Gotta have Junior Mints though--that's my favorite movie-time snack.

17) How often do you go to the movies, as opposed to renting them or watching them at home? Hardly ever. I've been to three movies in the past two years. All of my free movie passes go to waste.

18) What's the last movie you saw in a theatre? Talladega Nights--The Ballad of Ricky Bobby.

19) What's your favorite/preferred genre of movies? Hmmm... Probably either comedies or action/adventure. Not a big fan of science fiction, and I hate costume dramas. (I know, Serenity is supposedly science fiction. But I think it's more of a western, just disguised as science fiction)

20) What's the first movie you remember seeing in a theatre? Bedknobs and Broomsticks or Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

21) What movie do you wish you had never seen? Blair Witch Project. Stupidest waste of time I've ever witnessed.

22) What's the weirdest movie you have enjoyed? Pulp Fiction was pretty weird.

23) What's the scariest movie you've seen? Seven. Gave me the creeps, couldn't sleep all night after watching it, haven't seen it again.

24) What's the funniest movie you've seen? Early Eddie Murphy movies always make me laugh--Trading Places, Coming to America are a couple of good ones, and Harlem Nights always makes me chuckle.

25) What's the first R-rated movie you saw when you were 'under age'? Can't remember which came first--Officer and a Gentleman or Flashdance.


Mikey

No comments: