Monday, March 12, 2007

Monday Morning Quickie

Hey Gang!

Just poppin' in to say that I probably won't be posting anything until later on Tuesday evening. I've had a heck of a long weekend, and today is shaping up to be more of the same. I found out late on Friday evening that I had an audition today--for a poker dealing job--so I'm off to school to practice all day as soon as they open the doors. The audition isn't until 4:00 pm this afternoon, so I figure four good hours of practice should be enough for a 20-minute audition. I should be getting out of there in just enough time to fight rush-hour traffic, leaving me maybe an hour to rest before heading back into work.

Also, I've had email issues for the past several days, some mail getting through, some not. And for most of the weekend I've had no access to email whatsoever--my Outlook didn't work, and even going through webmail was unsuccessful. I tried contacting Go Daddy, and all they could tell me was that they were aware of the problem and were working on it. Suddenly yesterday afternoon it was fixed, and I got hit with a deluge of emails that for some reason had never been received--some as much as a week old. So I'm sifting through that mess, too.

I only got a couple of hours of sleep last night, so today is all about the caffeine. Hopefully I'll remain awake and do well enough with the audition to be offered a job on the spot (as has happened with the only other two auditions I've ever done). If that happens, work will be somewhat relaxing tonight as I have the sublime pleasure of figuring out my next move. As The Clash used to say... Should I stay or should I go now?

We'll see. I'm thinking that I'd like to keep two jobs for awhile and get some money in the bank and be able to afford some new toys and a real vacation later this summer.

In the meantime, y'all have a happy Monday. Catch ya tomorrow night.

Mikey

No comments: