Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Home Again

I'm back, baby!

Yep, the Madness is over for another year, and it was a rousing success. I had a load of fun, didn't lose too much money, and laughed my ass off for almost a week straight.

I also finally bought that new computer that I've needed for the past couple of years, a Toshiba laptop with all the bells and whistles, but ironically I'm making this post on the old machine. I have to go by Fry's later today and pick up a new mouse that has a USB cable. The track pad is fine, but it's a pain in the ass sometimes, and a mouse is just easier if I'm using it at my desk. So I'm still using the old today, but the new one is pretty damn cool. And the speed... Oh hell yeah.

I went back to work last night for the first time in a week, and yeah, it sucked. At least it was for only one day, though. I'm off today and tomorrow, so a bit of recovery was looking good, but then I realized LV Dawn is here in town, and we have tickets to see Jubilee tonight at Bally's, then we'll hit the Diamond Lounge at Paris for some snacks and drinks or maybe have a late dinner somewhere. Tomorrow night, instead of having a night off, I'm dealing a private poker tournament over at the Rio for about four or five hours. It's only $20 per hour but it's good practice, and now that the Madness has concluded, I could certainly use an extra hundred bucks.

I go back to work like normal on Thursday night, but I got an email from my old Phoenix buddy, Ed W, and he and his wife are coming up for the weekend. Since I'm working every night, there is no buffoonery on tap, but we have plans to meet up for lunch and maybe a cigar or two.

Speaking of cigars, I met up with George, Marlisha, and Drew yesterday for breakfast at the Peppermill, and Drew was kind enough to bring me a box of my favorite cigars, Partagas Black Labels. George had brought a few Cuban sticks with him too, so after breakfast was finished we hung out in the Fireside Lounge drinking some of Krista's special martinis and smoking fine cigars.

It was relaxing, but unfortunately I had to run and meet Angy at the Imperial Palace at 2:00 pm so she could check out and get back to the airport. I also had to pick up my big blue cooler that was full of leftover beer and a few bottles of rum, so I couldn't linger as long as I wanted.

Once that last bit was taken care of, it seemed like the Madness was officially over. It actually started winding down on Sunday when Dougie, Doc, and Sticky went home, but saying goodbye to Angy at the airport meant that the finish line had been crossed.

It was a great time. I hope to be able to post pictures and write a bit of a report, but I think I'll post it over on Travel2Vegas.com so all the Vegas degenerates can add their own pictures and whatnot if they want.

I'll be back to making regular updates as soon as I can think of something interesting to say.

Mikey

No comments: